Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Read This Spring

Tuesday, March 20, 2012


Guys. I am so dead, dead tired. But this is on my to-do list and I always do the things on my to-do list, plus it's a good planning prompt. So I am doing it, and I apologize in advance for any incoherence. {Broke and Bookish, thanks for hosting}

1. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo -- I dove into this on Sunday. I've read it before, but this is the bright shiny new more awesome translation. Still going to be a ton of work, though, I can tell.
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green -- I am going to start reading this on Thursday, and I can't wait.
3. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell -- I have heard much gushing about how romantic and sweet this book is, and I correlate romance with spring, so it should be de-loverly.
4. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls -- Everyone I know either likes this book a lot or calls it their favorite book, so I'm looking forward to it.
5. Truth and Beauty by Ann Patchett -- Patchett's writing is almost as good as eating chocolate. Also, I bought this book on Haight Street. Thus, perfect combination, non?
6. The Hand that First Held Mine by Maggie O'Farrell -- I've been wanting to read this for ages and it is sitting on "The Pile." I think it is about time to pull it out since spring is that mothering time of year.
7. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver -- I have been waiting madly, desperately for this book since January of 2011 (I know it is out. But when you are unemployed and in college, you can't just go out and buy new books). It is so almost my turn at the library and I am stoked.
8. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons -- Another good romantic one that I am going to dive into for the springtime.
9. A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway -- Spring always reminds me unbearingly of Paris because that is when I was there, four *sniffle* years ago. I can never stop thinking of it when spring rolls around.
10. My Antonia by Willa Cather -- A reread I've been craving lately.

24 comments:

  1. I almost added Les Miserables to my list because I just bought the Julie Rose translation, but I probably need to wait to read it until I finish a few more books. I've never read it before so it's definitely high on my list of to-be-read :)

    The Glass Castle was really good! SO different from anything I've read before, but I'm so glad I read it! I almost added Pandemonium to my Top Ten list but I finally started this week (AHHHH!) so I figured it didn't count anymore.

    I've seen so many people mention The Bronze Horseman lately. I'm adding it to my wish list - although I'll probably wait to buy until I read your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am excited to read what you think about Pandemonium! Delirium just blew my mind last year and I can't wait until I can read it!

      I hope The Bronze Horseman comes in at the library for me soon, I need a good romance. :) Sad how my whole life revolves around which books are coming in for me at the library, haha.

      Delete
    2. Not sad at all :) I need to get better about requesting books at the library. I always end up wandering around looking for new things to read. My library loans Kindle books, and that's where I'm always putting myself on the waiting list. The best email is the one telling you the book is available for download haha!

      Delete
    3. I know! Got one of those today... so exciting!

      Delete
  2. Great list! I have been meaning to read The Hand That First Held Mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read anything else by O'Farrell? The Disappearing Act of Esme Lennox was fantastic!

      Delete
  3. I keep reading these great TBR lists and mine has now grown way beyond ten! I haven't read any books by Lauren Oliver but I am looking forward to reading her latest series. I did purchase Delirium. Is Pandemonium the next book in the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, every Top Ten Tuesday I just add more and more books. Pandemonium is book 2. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver is not in the series but is a great standalone!

      Delete
  4. You'll love the Fault in Our Stars! It's fantastic. Pandemonium was on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the book I am currently reading and am going to start TFIOS as soon as I get home! I can't wait!

      Delete
  5. I am hoping to read A Moveable Feast before I go to, or while I'm in, Paris this Spring. Your list sounds great. I love that you crave rereads. Me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous that you are going to Paris this spring! You've got to stop by I Love My Blender on 36 Rue de Temple -- it is the best English/French blend of books ever, and the proprietor is quite charming. Have so much fun!

      Delete
  6. I always love your list and then I go directly to my goodreads list to copy you ;). I own the glasses castle and can bring it when I come next month (if that still counts as spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I actually have a copy of The Glass Castle but thank you for offering! I am so excited to see you guys!

      Delete
  7. Another person here who loved The Glass Castle! Awesome choices! I'm excited to read Pandemonium one day soon too.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I haven't met a single person who didn't like The Glass Castle. And it seems like Pandemonium is on everyone's radar lately!

      Delete
  8. The fault in our stars in amazing, can't wait to see what you think of it.
    New follower btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for following! I am starting TFIOS TONIGHT. I can't wait to get home!

      Delete
  9. Truth and Beauty is one of the last Patchett books I have to read. I think I'm waiting on it for a bit, because then I will have to wait for her to write something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read one of her books so far, and I am looking forward to the rest. Which has been your favorite so far?

      Delete
  10. Whoa! The Glass Castle. I've read that one. Just, wow wow wow. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to read it! It has gotten the second most love on this list (after John Green) so maybe I'll read it after TFIOS.

      Delete
  11. What a great list! Ive been wanting to read North and South, I cheated and watched the BBC miniseries first on Netflix...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually started watching it and then I was overcome by this total need to read the book. Usually I don't worry too much about book or movie first -- one is going to be spoiled, but I still like getting both sides. But for some reason I really wanted to read the book first.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...