Indie Lit Awards Winners Announced!

Monday, March 19, 2012


Many of you already know that I was a voting member on the Nonfiction Panel for this year's Indie Lit Awards. The winners have been announced, and I will finally have the opportunity to share the reviews of the books I have been reading over the last several months. The winner of the nonfiction indie lit award is:

Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff

The runner up is:

Berlin 1961 by Frederick Kempe

I learned so much from reading this books, as well as the other three that were on the nonfiction short-list. That is why I love nonfiction -- it gives me the opportunity to dive into subjects that I haven't had a chance to learn about before (a valuable experience for someone who changed her college major seven times). 

The winners in the other categories are:

Biography/Memoir

Winner: Little Princes by Conor Grennan
Runner-Up: Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua

GLBTQ

Winner: Nina Here Nor There: My Journey Beyond Gender by Nick Krieger
Runner-Up: Huntress by Malinda Lo

Fiction

Winner: Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones
Runner-Up: Dance Lessons by Aine Greaney

Mystery

Winner: A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny
Runner-Up: Fun and Games by Duane Swierczynski

Poetry

Winner: Catalina by Laurie Soriano
Runner-Up: What Looks Like an Elephant by Edward Nudelman

Speculative Fiction

Winner: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Runner-Up: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

4 comments:

  1. Oh! Thank you for announcing these winners! I love book awards and look forward to pick up a few of these (from my local indie bookstore, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gracious, so many of these are on my list. I just read A Monster Calls last week, by the very brilliant and my-favorite(-along-with-John-Green) Patrick Ness. So good. Thank you for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Monster Calls was so heartbreaking and good. It reminds me of my husband who went through a similar situation. I really need to read Chaos Walking -- you have given it such high praise!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...