In My Mailbox - August 2011

Monday, September 05, 2011

It has been a great month for getting new books for me, and I am excited to dig into these new books! Hopefully this new and tougher semester in nursing won't leave them in the unread pile for too long.

Borrowed from the library:
Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
Wither by Lauren de Stefano

Purchased:
Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
Works of Edith Wharton by Edith Wharton
Essays - First Series by Ralph Waldo Emerson (for Transcendentalist month - woohoo!)

Gift:
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray from my wonderful Nana. :)

Won:
Daniel's Garden by Meg North from Jillian

For review:
The Arrow Chest by Robert Parry
Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey (which is the most beautiful name ever, in my opinion)

NetGalley:
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Alfred Conan Doyle
Tina's Mouth by Keshni Kashyap

Obviously, I have plenty of work to do. Thank you Story Siren for hosting this meme.

Also, in somewhat-unrelated news, I have been a dirty slacker as far as responding to comments goes. With the stress from starting this semester and being out of town for two weeks, it slipped off my radar and I haven't responded in about a month. I want to sincerely apologize for not being a good blogger in that way, and tell you that starting today, I am going to respond on a nightly basis to comments. I am also not going to respond to any comments that went un-responded to from the last month. I really appreciate them and read them all. If you are enraged by my lack of response, let me know here and I will go back and specially respond to yours. Thank you for your patience; hopefully I will do a better job in the future!

10 comments:

  1. So many books on your list I hope to read soon: Madame Tussaud, Wither, Shanghai Girls, something Edith Wharton (haven't decided what!), Beauty Queens. I also see that you are listening to One Amazing Thing -- I hope you are enjoying it! It was one of my favorites from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving Madame Tussaud so far! And One Amazing Thing was fantastic. I need to take it off the side because I finished it but I don't have anything else to put up there so... for now I'm too lazy to remove it. I've loved everything I've read by Edith Wharton so far - I'm excited to see your thoughts on it when you get to one of her novels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to see what you think of Madame Tussaud. I have seen it at the bookstore for a long time and just blew it off as something I wouldn't want to read. I finally read the summary yesterday, and it sounds quite interesting. I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my IMM: Annabell's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wither is great! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many books! i hope you enjoy WITHER. it's one of my favorites.

    my IMM: http://gypsybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great week of books! I also have Beauty Queens on my tbr pile, hopefully I will get to it soon. [:

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate
    my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Annabell - I honestly loved Madame Tussaud - it captured my attention much more than I was expecting, considering my experience with the last Michelle Moran book i read (which wasn't bad, but was a mediocre experience for me). Hope you like it!

    @Melina - I just finished it! It was fantastic. I read it in two days!

    @Sash & Em - I loved it too! I couldn't get through it quickly enough!

    @Ashelynn - It was such a fun read and had a great spooky feel for fall. Also, I have to say that your name is so cute. Love it!

    @Let's evaluate - It is a fun read! Definitely snarky. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some good books. It seems like you had a very good week with lots of books. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Grace - Thanks for stopping by! It has been a great month of books - now I just have to read them all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...