R.I.P. VIII

Monday, September 02, 2013

So, RIP VIII. Guys. I look forward to this all year, every year.


RIP is a reading challenge hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings celebrating all those spooky, fall-like stories -- mystery, suspense, thrillers, dark fantasy, gothic, horror, supernatural, and anything else that evokes those spooky feelings. 



I am going to participate in Peril the First, which is reading four books that fit the above categories. I have no idea how much time I am going to have to read because I am going back to work full time tomorrow (eek) but here are some of my ideas:

* Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield
* The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (reread)
* Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (also my classics spin read)
* Hamlet by William Shakespeare
* The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
* The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
* The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

There are always so many that I want to read each year. Any spooky book suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. I just read Rotters. It was pretty creepy--its YA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also contemplating adding Northanger Abbey for my RIP list. Hamlet is a nice choice :) Hope you have fun with the event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh i am reading Bellman and Black right now, I am one of the very few who was not thrilled with the night circus, so don't go by me on the one! lol and I've read Distant hours and all of Kate Morton's books and enjoyed them all. I hope you enjoy all of your rip books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm writing my RIP post right now. I'm going to read Night Film, but I haven't decided on a second book yet. I'm excited to see what you think about Bellman and Black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started Cassandra Clare's series and it rather good. I am up to book 2. I wasn't sure if I would like it at all... I really need to read more Kate Morton and I can't wait to read the Setterfield!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay, ANOTHER one of my bloggy ladies to stalk (in a suitably creepy and vampiric manner, as befits the occasion, obviously)! I still haven't read The Night Circus, so thanks for reminding me to dig it out and add it to the pile... We finally moved house this week and I'm getting all my books back from our 3-month-strong storage locker on Friday, so it'll be like Christmas for me, being able to raid the boxes for more R.I.P. stuff at laaaast! My sister just bought the first MI book too, so maybe I'll cadge that at some point. Good luck 'n' spooky reading to ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good, another Northanger Abbey! I'm seeing lots of Northanger Abbey and Jane Eyre around the blogosphere, and since I love them both, I'm thrilled. :) Looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Northanger Abbey is SUCH a perfect pick for RIP! Maybe I can squeeze a re-read of that in...

    I'm going to be reading The Night Circus for the first time, I'm glad to see you liked it enough to merit a re-read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...