Once Upon a Time VII

Saturday, March 23, 2013

I've become much choosier with my challenges this year, but I honestly just can't get enough of the seasonal challenges hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings. I'm looking forward to participating in the Once Upon a Time Challenge, which runs from March 21st to June 21st. 




I will be reading one book in each of the four categories: fantasy, folklore, mythology, and fairy tale.

Potential choices are:
Fantasy - The Heir of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier
Mythology - The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
Fairy Tale - Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Folklore - Italian Folk Tales by Italo Calvino


I'm also looking forward to participating in this "quest" by reading A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare to begin my "Shakespeare Project" (more about this in the future).

I love this challenge and am excited to get started!

2 comments:

  1. I know several people (including me!) who scale back challenges but still participate in Carl's...

    GREAT choices! I just finished reading Princess of the Midnight Ball (excellent) and I plan to continue the Sevenwaters series too. I read Heir to Sevenwaters a few months ago and it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm i've not heard of The Heir of Sevenwaters I will be interested in your review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...