I fully planned on participating in the Readathon today, but I have some family in town just for the day and also a little time to spend with my husband, who, being in the throes of the first weeks of graduate school, isn't around quite as much as I'm used to these days. I'm hoping to read for a couple of hours, but probably won't update until just before bed. Still, I want to participate in some of the beginning festivities, so...
Books on my stack:
* Dracula by Bram Stoker (I'm about 200 pages in)
* One Pink Line by Dina Silver (I'm 132 pages in)
* Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh (haven't started yet)
* I'd just like to read about 3 hours today. If I have time for that I'll be happy this time around.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Los Angeles, CA!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I'm not sure if I'll get to it, but if I finish the last 200 pages of Dracula I am going to start Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh. I've heard pretty lukewarm reviews for it but I am still looking forward to jumping in.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I'm about to make some pumpkin cookies with caramel frosting. Okay, they're mostly for my visiting family members, but I'm sure I'll be munching a few when I'm reading later.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am having a baby boy in about a month. :)
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Today I won't be reading nearly as much as I did last October (which was the last one in which I participated).
Unforeseen circumstances resulted in me reading about 20 pages yesterday. Oh well. I might have to have my own private readathon sometime next week.