This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is about series we haven't finished yet... but want to finish. Story of my life, guys. I have started quite a few series that aren't finished yet. In addition, sometimes I don't get through all the books in a series right away because I tend to not enjoy reading all the books right in a row (then I get overloaded on the series and don't love it as much). For whatever reason, I am lazy about finishing even the series I love. Here are just a few that I need to finish but haven't.
1. Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Marillier -- I recently read Daughter of the Forest and fell in love with it. I now have the second book sitting on my nightstand, but I feel obligated to get through some review copies before I indulge.
2. The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss -- I loved Name of the Wind. However, as the third book in the trilogy won't be out for a little while, I am debating whether or not I want to dive into Wise Man's Fear quite yet. Also, the books are enormous and I am trying to finish some challenges by the end of the year.
3. Tatiana and Alexander by Paullina Simons -- These are all out, so there really are no excuses... except that these are also enormous books, so I am waiting on them. In addition, The Bronze Horseman was wonderful but absolutely exhausting to read due to all the tragedy and war, so I think I am going to have to space all of them out.
4. Seven Kingdoms Trilogy by Kristin Cashore -- I liked Graceling. Even though I didn't love it, I've heard Fire and Bitterblue are even better, so I really should get down to it and read them soon.
5. The Wolf Hall books by Hilary Mantel -- Both Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies are major favorites for me now. I can't wait to read the third book -- and learn about Cromwell's execution. I really need to fill in the wait with some other books by Hilary Mantel, because her writing style is so unique and awesome.
6. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone books by Laini Taylor -- Okay, not even the second book is out yet. But I am so excited to finish this series as the books come out. The second book comes out right before my due date and may be the last book I ever have the chance to finish before motherhood puts reading on the back burner for a little while.
And now, for the trilogies I love whose third book release is imminent... can't wait to finish these ones!
7. Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano
8. Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver
9. Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
10. Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
I've been following all of these book by book and I am so excited for them to wrap up (although honestly, I can't imagine just one book being able to do the trick in some cases!).