In My Mailbox: August 2012

Sunday, September 02, 2012


It's been a pretty good month for books for me! I guess that is what happens when I am on vacation and hunting around for good books.

NetGalley:
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
One Pink Line by Dina Silver

Purchased:
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
No and Me by Delphine de Vigan
Great Philosophers Who Failed at Love by Andrew Shaffer
The Most Beautiful Walk in the World: A Pedestrian in Paris by John Baxter
And for the kiddo...
Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
The Island of the Skog by Stephen Kellog

Received from my father-in-law as he was cleaning out some things from his house:
The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen
And for the kiddo...
A ton of awesome picture books from my baby shower
Some adorable picture books inscribed to my husband. I can't remember all of them and they are packed away right now, but my favorite is Ernst by Elisa Klevin

We also bought a book case for the baby's room and are borrowing a bookcase from my father-in-law that he is not using, so I am pretty excited to have a good home for all these books. :) I love getting these picture books and thinking of reading them to my baby once he is born!

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about In Cold Blood. We've got two copies lying around here.

    ALSO! The Raven Boys. I can't wait to read that one.

    AND YAY FOR THE NIGHT CIRCUS, one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.

    Happy reading :-)

    My bookish haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved The Night Circus too. I was going to buy a different book when my husband pointed it out to me on the shelf, and I was so glad he did -- I have really wanted to own a copy. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...