In My Mailbox: May 2012

Sunday, June 10, 2012

{Hosted by The Story Siren}

While I was not one of the many of you who were lucky enough to go to BEA this year, it has still been a very fruitful several weeks for books in my house. I feel pretty lucky to have so many new books in my house right now -- I have a little more time to myself than usual for the next few weeks so it will be nice to have some books to share that time with. 

Borrowed from the Library:
Chopin's Funeral by Benita Eisler
The Bird-Catcher by Marie Ponsot
Divergent by Veronica Roth (I know... finally!)
Winter Town by Stephen Emond
Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour

NetGalley:
The Age of Desire by Jennie Fields
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
The Christian World of The Hobbit by Devin Brown
The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

Received for Review:
The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D. by Nichole Bernier (a gorgeous finished copy. I don't often receive those and I can't wait to read it). 

Purchased:
Shadow and Bone chapter sampler by Leigh Bardugo (can't afford to buy full price books on my non-working student budget... but I want to know something about the book before Fierce Reads on Tuesday and the line at the library is not promising)
Fierce Reads chapter sampler (Ditto)
Soulless by Gail Carriger

Have you read any of these? Should I be as excited as I am? :) 

6 comments:

  1. Blast! If there was enough time I would let you borrow one of my copies of Shadow and Bone. It truly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for offering at any rate. :) I am looking forward to reading it once it comes through in the library! I'm intrigued by it for 3 reasons: 1, lately I am curious about Eastern Europe/Russian culture so the atmosphere sounds great, 2, I am also in a fantasy mood lately, and 3, the title reminds me of Daughter of Smoke and Bone, which isn't a good reason but is still a reason.

      Delete
  2. I've only read one book on that list: Divergent. I LOVE it! I am so excited for you to read it! You'll have to let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read a few pages but I am already really interested in it. It's kind of interesting to read it and think of which faction I would be in -- I think I would be in one of the two she hates the most, either Candor or Erudite.

      Delete
  3. I wasn't able to go to BEA either. Maybe next year! :) Enjoy all the books you got last month! Check out what's IMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Someday we'll make it to BEA. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...