In My Mailbox for the month of January (belated...)

Sunday, February 12, 2012


So, January ended... about half of a month ago. I know. But guess what I've learned in January? That the third semester of nursing school consumes your life and your reading time and all of the joy you could ever have experienced and channels it into a black hole from whence there is no escape. Except for the rare, gravity-defying experiences that I utilize to stick my fingers out of that black hole and type a post, that is (we'll pretend for a moment that I'm not cheating on my clinical write-up with the internet). Anyway.

Borrowed from the library:
Chime by Franny Billingsley
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
River Secrets by Shannon Hale
Forest Born by Shannon Hale
The Social Animal by David Brooks
Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
Bossypants by Tina Fey (audiobook)

Won:
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (Thanks, Brenna!)

For review:
Berlin 1961 by Frederick Kempe
In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson

NetGalley:
Sister Queens by Julia Fox
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
A Lady Cyclist's Guide to Kashgar by Suzanne Joinson
Mariana by Susanna Kearsley
Goddess, Interrupted by Aimee Carter
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
(Um, yes, I may have gone a little bit crazy)

Purchased:
Tinkers by Paul Harding
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Out to Canaan by Jan Karon
Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson
The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett
4 assorted random picture books (hooray for the library sale!)

Not sure if that is so long because I let it go halfway into February, or if I have been a greedy NetGalley monster. Probably a little of both. Still, I'm enjoying all the bookishness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...