In My Mailbox: November 2011

Monday, December 05, 2011

November: Also known as NetGalley frenzy month. Supposedly, I wasn't going to request anything new from NetGalley until I finished everything that I had read. I think it's like when I decide I'm not going to eat chocolate for a week -- the perceived scarcity causes me to go into a frenzy. So, I think I'm not going to make any more rules. It just gets me into more trouble!

Borrowed from the library:
Wolf Hall by Hillary Mantel
Evening Class by Maeve Binchy {more for my current comfort reads cravings}
Enna Burning by Shannon Hale {These Bayern books are fabulous for running on the treadmill}
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs {FYA book club pick. Won't have time to go to the meeting, but at least I got the book, right?}

NetGalley:
The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley
New Girl by Paige Harbison {A YA spin-off of Rebecca. This could be either delightful or painful.}
Love Lifted Me by Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck {I was so curious about this one because I grew up loving Sara Evans' music. It looks a little cheesy, but I was just too intrigued, so I had to request it}
Persuasion: A Latter-day Tale by Rebecca H. Jamison {A spin-off of Persuasion, which I am reading this month. Spin-offs are my weakness, I must admit}

Free books on Kindle:
The Last Trail by Zane Grey {recommended by my pops, who loves westerns}
O Little Town by Don Reid {randomly on Kindle bestseller free books list. Thought I would try it out}
A Victorian Christmas by Catherine Palmer {ditto}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...