By way of introduction...

Sunday, August 08, 2010


Once upon a time, I fell in love with reading. That time was so long ago I can't even remember when it really began, although I am pretty sure the first book I ever read was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Ever since then, I have always loved to read. I read when I brush my teeth and blow dry my hair. I read when I walk to class (which can be dangerous). I rarely read sitting in a comfortable chair, completely lost in an adventure, because as a college student and bride-to-be, who has time for that? However, despite my busy schedule, reading has never been something I could bear to cut out.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a writer, because that was the career most connected with books. My inability to finish a story or come up with anything very original killed that dream. I applied for a job in a library once and majored in English for a semester, but neither situation worked out in the long run. For a long time, I thought reading would just be something I enjoyed for myself, a private pastime shared only in occasional book club meetings.

However, the other day as I was procrastinating other pressing tasks, an idea hit me - why not share some of those ideas about books constantly swimming in my head in a blog? I love to think about books, talk about books, and more than anything recommend books. Almost every gift I give is a book, and other than the essentials of life, I spend more money on books than anything else. As I moved my books to the apartment I will begin sharing with my husband-to-be in a few weeks, he could only shake his head as the boxes kept on coming.

So, here is my new venue for recommending books. My plan is to review at least one book a week. I will read almost anything I can get my hands on and love every style, from the newest novel to self-help books to long-standing literary classics. The style of books reviewed on this site will probably be eclectic, but I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading!

Love,
The Story Girl

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks great.

    Our company has been representing authors for the past twenty years.
    We would love to add you to our database to receive press releases
    from them regarding books applicable to the genres you review.

    Thank you in advance,

    Ken Eason
    Bostick Communications
    ops@bostickcommunications.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...